Construction & Projects
Our highly experienced construction lawyers pride themselves on offering pragmatic, cost-effective and innovative legal solutions to their clients who include developers, contractors, funders and professional experts. The team provides specialist construction law advice on contracts as well as from inception through to completion of projects. We understand the challenges faced by our clients and their desire to mitigate risk, ensure projects are completed on time and to budget. Our lawyers routinely provide dispute resolution and expert advice should litigation or arbitration become unavoidable.
The team specialises in advising a number of industry sectors, including:
- Oil & Gas
- Sports stadia
- Water and utilities
- Bespoke contract terms and conditions
- Collateral warranties, bonds and guarantees
- Construction and Engineering contracts and sub-contracts including: JCT, ICE, IChemE, NEC, SFA, ACE, APM
- Development and funding
- Dispute Resolution and ADR
- Facilities management
- Framework agreements
- Health and Safety
- IPP, PFI, PPP and concessions
- JV and Consortium agreements
- Novation agreements
- Operation and maintenance agreements
- Performance bonds and guarantees
- Power and renewables
- Procurement advice (for both private and public employers)
- Professional team appointments
- Advising on claims arising from the construction of several power stations in KSA – Qurayyah, Rabigh II, Yanbu 3.
- Advising on disputes arising from the termination of a major civils project in Qatar, linked to the Doha Metro system being built for the FIFA World Cup 2022.
- Advising on claims and disputes arising from the Riyadh Metro packages.
- Advising on issues/claims arising from the construction of a new Tadawul Tower in King Abdullah Financial District, Riyadh.
- Advising on claims arising from the construction of the Umm Al Houl IWPP power/water treatment plant in Qatar.
- Advising on disputes arising from the construction of an iconic tall building in the UAE and a major new-build hospital in the UAE.
- Advising on issues arising from the construction of an extension to an existing phosphate plant in Morocco.
- Advising on issues/claims arising from the construction of combined cycle power stations in Algeria and Turkey.
- Taiwan High Speed Rail trackwork and core systems.
- Advising on claims arising from the construction of the strategic Habshan-Fujairah oil pipeline in the UAE.
- Singapore MRT – advising on claims for delay and additional costs on various packages.