Aerospace, Defence & Security
With complex mission critical issues such as interoperability, integration and operational readiness at the forefront of defence programmes, instructing lawyers with extensive experience of these issues is key to the success of your programmes.
With a combination of military in-house experience and working at leading law firms advising governments and tier 1, 2 and 3 defence contractors, our lawyers have unique expertise and experience to advise both suppliers and customers on a range of aerospace, defence and security contracts. We have particular expertise advising on platform integration, unmanned systems, O&M outsourcing, cloud computing and international trade agreements.
In addition, our lawyers have a wealth of experience advising customer and suppliers on navigating regulated procurements under both UAE and EU public procurement regulations. We also advise on bid-compliance, procurement challenges and procurement reform in both the public and private sectors.
Offset programmes are local market investments are key considerations of all defence programmes and no more so that in the middle east. Our lawyers regularly advise on international collaboration structures such as joint ventures, MOUs, distribution agreements, agency agreements and IPR licensing. We know how to protect your business whilst ensuring that you establish long-term, trusted collaborations.
When contractual disputes arise, we have the technical knowledge and experience to resolve these on your behalf. Our lawyers have resolved multi-million-dollar disputes with some of the world’s leading aerospace and defence contractors, many of which, had been dead-locked for years.
- Autonomous air, sea and land systems
- Multi-source platform integration contracts
- International trade, letters of credit and escrow
- Collaboration structures – MOUs, JVs, distribution and agency agreements
- Systems integration and tower contacting
- Equipment bailments and leasing
- Technology and outsourcing
- Dispute resolution and settlements
- Cloud computing, SaaS, PaaS and IaaS
- Procurement, bid compliance, procurement challenges and procurement reform.
- Space and Satellite Services
- IP protection and exploitation
- Business process outsourcing